- "The Government publishes the Draft Model Standing Orders for the Manufacturing Sector, Mining Sector and Service Sector; invites suggestions/objections from the stakeholders within a period of thirty days.(PIB)" Pursuant to section 29 of the Industrial Relations Code, 2020; the Central Government has published the draft Model Standing Orders for the Manufacturing Sector, Mining Sector and Service Sector in the official gazette, inviting suggestions/objections from the stakeholders within a period of thirty days. Keeping in view the needs of the services sector, a separate Model Standing Orders for Services Sector has been prepared first time.
GS2: Health issues
- FSSAI slashes limit for trans fat levels in foods (TH)
GS2: International Relations
- Explained: The UK-Spain pact that saves Gibraltar from a hard Brexit (IE) Gibraltar, with an area of just 6.8 sq km and a population of around 34,000 people, has been the subject of intense dispute between Spain and Britain for centuries.
- A rocky road for the banking sector in 2021 (TH) After losses in two consecutive years, India’s scheduled commercial banks turned profitable in 2019-20. State-run banks continued to bleed for the fifth year in a row, but their losses were much more stifled. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reckons that the first half of 2020-21 saw even greater improvements in banks’ vital statistics, with non-performing assets (NPAs) falling to 7.5% of outstanding loans by September 2020.
- Don’t ignore the women farmers (TH) The gender gap in the agriculture sector will only widen more with the current farm laws
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: From efficacy to cost, what you need to know about the Covid-19 vaccines approved by India (IE) Coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccine: The drug regulator also gave the green light to Cadila Healthcare Ltd to conduct Phase 3 clinical trials of its ZyCoV-D vaccine candidate for Covid-19.