- Explained: How much of India’s population lives with disabilities? (IE) In India out of the 121 Cr population, 2.68 Cr persons are 'disabled' which is 2.21% of the total population. persons in rural areas and 0.81 Cr in urban areas).
- ‘Convicted legislators can’t be barred for life from polls (TH) Affidavit says that legislators are not bound by specific service conditions like that of government employees.
- Explained: How NRIs could vote by post (IE) According to rough estimates, there are about 1 crore Indians settled abroad, of whom about 60 lakh could be of eligible voting age.
GS2: International Relations
- The Iran challenge (TH) Biden must go back to nuclear deal without expecting further concessions from Tehran
- Does India’s neighbourhood policy need reworking? (TH) Most of these borders have been instituted and solidified over the last 70 years. ... So, this is really the old Indian neighbourhood policy that has come into question.
- Lottery, gambling and betting taxable under GST Act: SC (TH) They are ‘actionable claims’ and come within the definition of ‘goods’.
- Low-paid workers, women hit most by COVID-19 wage gaps: ILO report (DTE) The average wage in two-third countries — for which official data was available — fell or grew more slowly in the first 6 months of 2020 due to the pandemic, finds report
- Global warming is real and 2020 is among 3 warmest year ever (DTE) The year 2020 is set to be the among the three warmest on record, according to the latest State of the Global Climate provisional report by World Meteorological Organization on December 1, 2020. Also, the decade 2011-2020 would be the warmest ever.