- Gender bias at workplace: 4 in 5 women miss out on raise, promotion, finds survey (DTE) Women were disproportionately impacted during COVID-19 pandemic; more than a fifth said they experienced ‘favourable bias’ at work
- "Registration of Political Parties under section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951- Public Notice Period (PIB)" Registration of political parties is governed by the provisions of section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951. A party seeking registration under the said section with the Commission has to submit an application to the Commission within a period of 30 days following the date of its formation as per guidelines prescribed by the Commission in exercise of the powers conferred by Article 324 of the Constitution of India and Section 29A of the Representation of the People Act, 1951.
International Relations: GS2
- Recalibrating relations with EU (TH) Forging stronger ties with the region could help India strengthen manufacturing and revitalise exports
- Prime Minister inaugurates Maritime India Summit-2021 virtually (PIB) He informed that capacity of major ports have increased from 870 million tonnes in 2014 to 1550 million tonnes now. Indian ports now have measures such as: Direct port Delivery, Direct Port Entry and an upgraded Port Community System (PCS) for easy data flow. Our ports have reduced waiting time for inbound and outbound cargo. He also informed that mega ports with world class infrastructure are being developed in Vadhavan, Paradip and Deendayal Port in Kandla.
- Private investment missing, notes RBI article (TH) All engines of aggregate demand are starting to fire; only private investment is missing in action
Internal Security: GS3
- Explained: China’s cyber eye and India (IE) In the latest in a series of surveillance and hacking attempts, a Chinese state-backed hacker firm has been reported to be targeting Indian vaccine makers. Why is this happening, and what are the implications?