GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
- Net loss The Centre must help provide Internet links to all schools as an essential service
GS2: Bilateral, Regional and Global Groupings and Agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests
- Unjust green While it is necessary for the Government to keep up with these actions worldwide, and battle discriminatory practices, the real imperative remains to vaccinate as many Indians as possible, given that more than six months after the Indian inoculation programme began, only 4.4% of those eligible have been fully vaccinated.
GS3: Mobilisation of resources, banking
- Big Tech’s push into financial sector poses risks, says RBI Major technology firms “straddle many different lines of business with sometimes opaque overarching governance structures,” the central bank said.
GS1: Important geophysical phenomena
- Philippines warns of Taal volcano eruptions, urges evacuations Taal Volcano erupted last year, forcing thousands to flee and causing volcanic fallout to reach Manila.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: What are heat pumps The US Department of Energy notes that for climates with moderate heating and cooling needs, heat pumps offer an energy-efficient alternative to furnaces and air-conditioners.
GS2: Issues related with federalism
- In Leh and Kargil, different reasons to oppose Ladakh’s current status What both Ladakh districts fear is that alienation of land, loss of identity, culture, language, and change in demography, will follow their political disempowerment.
GS3: Issues related to buffer stocks and food security
- Centre asks States to impose limit on stocking of pulses On Friday, the Centre brought into effect Stock Limits and Movement Restrictions on Specified Foodstuffs (Amendment) Order 2021, wherein stock limits have been imposed on wholesalers, retailers, millers and importers of pulses.
- Urban Freight System Commerce Ministry’s Logistics Division unveils plans for ‘Freight Smart Cities’
Down to Earth
GS3: Environmental conservation
- LEAF Coalition’s proposal is a step forward in saving forests, indigenous peoples The implementation of the coalition’s plan will help pump in fresh rigour among developing countries like India, that are reluctant to recognise the contributions of their forest dwelling populations in mitigating climate change