- Govt. seeks review of SC/ST creamy layer (TH) The fresh petition has been filed by Samta Andolan Samiti and O.P. Shukla, a former IAS officer
- Corporate Affairs Ministry Launches Independent Director’s Databank (PIB) The Ministry of Corporate Affairs, with the objective of strengthening the institution of Independent Directors under the Companies Act, launched today the Independent Director’s Databank in accordance with the provisions of the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules made thereunder.
GS2: Social Issues
- Taking stock of the anti-AIDS fight (TH) The slowdown, which places targets out of reach, calls for a renewal of political commitment, finances and engagement.
- Full immunisation: Govt says 83%, NSO survey shows 60% (ToI) Though well over 90% of children in India are born in an “institution” — a government or private facility — the proportion of children up to five years who have been fully immunised stagnates below 60%, according to the latest survey by the National Statistical Office.
GS2: International Relations
- Siberia pipeline cements China-Russia bond (TH) First cross-border gas pipeline between Russia and China inaugurated.
- Curtain Raiser Exercise Hand-in-Hand-2019 (PIB) The 8th India-China joint training exercise 'HAND-IN-HAND 2019' with the theme counter terrorism under United Nations mandate is scheduled to be conduct at Umroi, Meghalaya from 07 to 20 December 2019.
- Technical committee formed to create National Elephant Action Plan (DTE) The main focus of the NEAP will be to mitigate human-elephant conflict, along with improvement of habitat
- Railways’ 2017-18 operating ratio worst in 10 yrs: CAG (ToI) The railways recorded an operating ratio of 98.4% in 2017-1 98.4% in 2017-18, the worst in 10 years