GS2: Indian Constitution
- SC questions States on cases under 66A ‘The cooperation of the States was necessary to put the brakes on the police from registering FIRs under Section 66A,’ says Bench.
GS3: Indian Economy and issues Development and Employment.
- A disconcerting picture behind the headline numbers There is evidence to suggest that the PLFS data may underestimate the loss of earnings and fall in consumption
GS2: Issues Relating to Development & Management of Social Sector/Services: Education
- We need more creators Educators must upgrade their engagement strategies while integrating technology into their approach
GS2: Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections
- Criminalising welfare issues Before the legislature adopts coercive legal measures, a welfare response should be considered
GS2: Indian Constitution
- Preventive detention only to forestall public disorder: SC “State should not arbitrarily resort to ‘preventive detention’ to deal with all and sundry ‘law and order’ problems”
GS2: Poverty and Hunger, Food Security
- Experts warn against mandatory food fortification In a pushback against the Centre’s plan to mandatorily fortify rice and edible oils with vitamins and minerals, a group of scientists and activists have written to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), warning of the adverse impacts on health and livelihoods.
GS2: Bilateral, Regional & Global Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India's Interests
- Making a case for Indo-Abrahamic accord Turkish president Erdogan’s overweening ambitions, alienation of Israel and moderate Arabs, growing conflict with Greece and alignment with Pakistan presents India with opportunity to widen outreach to west of the Subcontinent.
GS2: Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- Solution for disruption of Parliament: More working days Legislative body’s role must be strengthened and deepened so that disruption of proceedings ceases to be an option.
GS2: Important International Institutions
- PM Modi to chair debate at UNSC Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said it will be the first time an Indian Prime Minister will chair an open debate at the UN Security Council.
GS3: Environmental Conservation, GS2: Govt. policies and interventions
- Government has taken various steps towards achieving 20% blending of ethanol in petrol The present percentage of blending of biodiesel in diesel is less than 0.1 Percent. The National Policy on Bio fuels – 2018 prescribes as indicative target of 5% blending of biodiesel in diesel by 2030.
GS2: Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors and Issues arising out of their Design and Implementation, GS3: Infrastructure
- Parliament passes landmark ‘Inland Vessels Bill, 2021’ to repeal and replace the existing Inland Vessels Act, 1917 Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways, Shri Sarbananda Sonowal said that the initiative taken is a part of the pro-active approach adopted by the Ministry by repealing colonial laws and replacing them with legislation catering to modern and contemporary needs and development of the maritime sector. Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, also added that the uniform applicability of rules and regulations will ensure seamless, safe and economical trade and transportation by inland vessels using the inland waterways.