- ‘No cracks in glaciers in Uttarakhand’ Successive disasters have left villagers in Chamoli worried about their safety.
- Monsoon onset over Kerala delayed: IMD The monsoon’s arrival over Kerala has been delayed to June 3, according to an update by the India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday.
- ‘Accused denied anticipatory bail can be given protection’ A Supreme Court judgment said an accused denied anticipatory bail can, in exceptional circumstances, still be given protection from immediate arrest.
- Center vs State: how IAS officers are put on central deputation On Tuesday, West Bengal Chief Secretary Bandyopadhyay, an IAS officer of the 1987 batch, was due to begin an extension of three months after retiring on Monday. Instead, the Centre has asked him to report on Monday and join the Government of India. What are the rules for central deputation, and what could happen now?
- A ‘reform wave’ Lakshadweep could do without Though there is room for improvement, the archipelago does not need the measures announced by its administrator
GS2: Transparency and Accountability
- Holding leaders to account Any regime which demonises critical voices against it does a great disservice to the idea of politics
- Govt. expands credit for oxygen units The government is likely to lift restrictions on the use of liquid oxygen for some priority industries in the next 2-3 days as demand for medical oxygen has come down, a top government official said on Sunday