Updated on 30 November, 2019
GS1: Art & Culture
- Bringing back treasures: On stolen idols (TH) India needs to plug loopholes in legislation and enforcement to protect its cultural artefacts
GS2: International Relations
- Japan says it won’t sign RCEP if India doesn’t join the pact (Mint) We aren’t thinking about that at all yet,' Japan's Deputy Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry said
- New Delhi announces $450 mn to Colombo (TH) India announced a $400-million line of credit for infrastructure development in Sri Lanka within hours of the arrival of President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa amid domestic upheavals in the island nation over the past one year.
- Explained: Why Mauritius is calling UK an ‘illegal colonial occupier’ over a tiny set of islands (IE) Mauritius has argued that the Chagos Islands has been a part of its territory since at least the 18th century, till the United Kingdom broke the archipelago away from Mauritius in 1965 and the islands of Aldabra, Farquhar, and Desroches from the Seychelles in the region to form the British Indian Ocean Territory.
- Patna’s severe air quality due to Ganga’s shifting course: Govt study (DTE) Ganga has shifted four kilometres away from the city, leaving an exposed bed of sand, which Himalayan winds are blowing into Patna, it says
- Explained: How climate change is reducing women’s agency in Asian, African settings (IE) Climate change has led to erratic weather behaviour and altered the nature of soil and water, making occupations like farming less sustainable.
- GDP growth plunges to 4.5%, lowest since 2012 (TH) Growth in the gross domestic product (GDP) in the July-September quarter hit a 25-quarter low of 4.5%, the government announced on Friday
- International Maritime Organization (IMO) appreciates India's decision of accession to the Hong Kong International Convention, 2009 (PIB) International Maritime Organization (IMO), during its ongoing 31st session in London, UK has highly appreciated India's decision of accession to the Hong Kong International Convention, 2009. Compliments of the Secretary General IMO were officially conveyed to High Commission of India at London.
GS2: Social issues
- Getting organ donation to tick again (TH) Addressing the trust gap and inequality that are impacting family consent for organ donation is crucial