- The broken bonds of democracy (TH) A recent order by the Central Information Commission (CIC) has again revealed the inherent problems surrounding the Electoral Bond Scheme of 2018.
- "INCOIS launches ‘Digital Ocean’(TH) Union Minister for Science and Technology Harshvardhan on Monday launched the ‘Digital Ocean’ platform of Indian National Centre for Oceanic Information..
GS2: Social issues
- Explained: Why more than half of India’s kids, women are anaemic (IE) Anemia is the condition of having a lower-than-normal number of red blood cells or quantity of hemoglobin. How widespread is it in India?
- ‘Policy roll-back may dent banks’ health’(TH) Profitability of NBFCs may be ‘dampened’ due to loan impairment, lower credit demand: RBI report
- Lessons from a pandemic: What India can look forward to in 2021 from health and science (IE) The Covid-19 pandemic has brought rare attention to science, particularly aspects related to healthcare, and India’s response has underlined its existing scientific capabilities. In 2021, the country can look forward to improvements in vaccine research, among other scientific achievements.
- Why Dedicated Freight Corridor matters — for Railways, the country (IE) Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a 351-km section between Khurja and Bhaupur in Uttar Pradesh for commercial operations of the Dedicated Freight Corridor. What is DFC, and why is it important?
- "Bureau of Police Research & Development (BPR&D) releases Data on Police Organizations as on 01.01.2020 (PIB)" The BPR&D has been publishing the “Data on Police Organizations” (DoPO), annually, since the year 1986. DoPO as on 01.01.2019 was released by the Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah, on 29th January, 2020. This is for the first time in the history of BPR&D that DoPO for a particular year has been released during the year itself. Much effort has gone into verifying the data.