- Explained: Delhi and other parts of north India are bracing for near cold wave conditions, here is why (IE) One of the main reasons is snowfall in high altitude areas north of Delhi, including places in Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, and Uttarakhand. Cold winds blowing from these areas lower temperature across northwest India every winter, including Delhi.
- "Government Launches Mission COVID Suraksha to accelerate Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development (PIB)" The COVID-19 Vaccine development Mission with end-to-end focus from preclinical development through clinical development and manufacturing and regulatory facilitation for deployment, would consolidate all available and funded resources towards an accelerated product development. This will help accelerate development of approx. 5-6 vaccine candidates and ensure that these are brought closer to licensure and introduction in market for consideration of regulatory authorities for introduction in public health systems, to combat further spread of COVID infection.
GS2: International Relations
- The Paris Agreement is no panacea (TH) It is a repudiation of the principles of ‘common but differentiated responsibilities’ and ‘the polluter must pay’
- India to host SCO summit tomorrow (TH) India will host the Heads of Government (HoG) council meeting of the eight-nation Shanghai Cooperation Organisation on Monday.
- Neighbours agree on intel sharing (TH) Meet seeks to promote cooperation in Indian Ocean Region, with focus on maritime security.
- COVID-19: Viable vaccine will not halt spread of economic damage, warns UNCTAD (DTE)The economic setback would be felt long into the future, especially by the poorest and most vulnerable countries, the report added
GS3: Internal Security
- Explained: BrahMos missile and significance of ongoing series of tests by Armed forces (IE) The land attack version of BrahMos has the capability of cruising at 2.8 Mach speed and with the upgraded capability, the missile can hit targets at a range of upto 400 kilometers with precision. Advanced versions of range above 1,000 kilometers and speed upto 5 Mach are said to be under development.
GS3: Science & Technology
- "GITA is a catalyst for nurturing innovation & industrial R&D by fostering bilateral academic-industry & government collaborations: Dr. Harsh Vardhan (PIB)" Global Innovation and Technology Alliance (GITA); (PPP between Technology Development Board (TDB) of the Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Confederation of Indian Industry) celebrated its 9th Foundation Day with the theme ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ (Self-Reliant India) recently on CII Hive platform. The daylong event was a multi-stakeholder platform to exchange ideas.
- "ARTPARK to usher in a new model of industry, academia and government collaboration in AI & Robotics for societal impact (PIB)" "The National Mission ICPS with its 25 Hubs has a unique architecture that envisages a strong collaboration and co-ownership among the triple helix of industry, academia and government with full flexibility. Generous additional support of the Government of Karnataka to the ARTPARK Hub brings extraordinary value in increasing its effectiveness, reach and use.