GS2 : Government policies and interventions, International Relations
- India remains on U.S. Priority Watch List(TH) While India made “meaningful progress” to enhance IP protection and enforcement in some areas, it did not resolve recent and long-standing challenges, and created new ones, the United States Trade Representative’s report said.
- NEET applies to minority colleges: SC(TH) Regulating academics and imposing reasonable restrictions to ensure educational standards was in national and public interest, Justice Mishra wrote
GS2: International Relations
- Afghan peace and India’s elbow room(TH) Though sidelined from regional discussions on Afghanistan, India must still pursue the ample chances in seeking peace
- ‘By any calculus, India qualifies for UNSC permanent seat’(TH) India is due for election to the temporary membership of the U.N. Security Council later this year, for the 2021-22 period
- Study on China dams brings the Brahmaputra into focus(TH) ‘Structures built on Mekong river altered its natural flow’
- Ease legal constraints on fiscal expenditure(Mint) A few tweaks of the law must go alongside calculations of a stimulus package designed to relieve economic distress. The government should act on these quickly to save the day
- "Task Force on National Infrastructure Pipeline presents its Final Report to Finance Minister Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman(PIB)" NIP is a first-of-its-kind, whole-of-government exercise to provide world-class infrastructure across the country, and improve the quality of life for all citizens. It aims to improve project preparation, attract investments (both domestic and foreign) into infrastructure, and will be crucial for target of becoming a $5 trillion economy by FY 2025.
GS3:Science & Tech
- "Explained: Why a new Covid-related disease among children has Europe worried (IE)" Coronavirus (COVID-19): UK's Paediatric Intensive Care Society said it had observed an "apparent rise" in the number of children, of all ages, with a "multi-system inflammatory state requiring intensive care".
- JNCASR scientists develop a natural product based Alzheimer inhibitor(PIB) Alzheimer’s disease is the most prevalent neurodegenerative disorder and accounts for more than 70% of all dementia. The multifactorial nature of the disease attributed to multifaceted toxicity has made it difficult for researchers to develop effective medication.