- An Expert Explains: What are Question Hour and Zero Hour, and why they matter (IE)" In view of the pandemic and a truncated Monsoon Session, Parliament has said no to Question Hour and curtailed Zero Hour. The Opposition has strongly criticised this. Why these two periods are important.
- "Mission Karmayogi to train govt. Officials(TH) The programme will support a transition from “rules-based to roles-based” HR management, so that work allocations can be done by matching an official’s competencies to the requirements of the post,
- A missed opportunity (TH) The Gopalakrishnan Committee report does not adequately address governance frameworks around government data sets
- The Digital over-promise Transition from teacher-class based teaching to digital-education will need multi-pronged efforts over time. For parents, students, teachers and institutions, investment and infrastructure are needed.
GS2: Social Justice
- Victory in a long battle for equal opportunities(TH) The Indian armed forces began inducting women in the non-medical branches in the year 1992, as short service commission (SSC) officers. The scheme initially allowed for a five-year service period, which was revised to 14 years.
- Steady decline in farm sector suicides from 2016 to 2019,NCRB data shows A comparative study of data on Accidental Deaths and Suicides released by NCRB shows that suicides in the agriculture sector have declined by 10% — from 11,379 in 2016 to 10,281 in 2019..
- Water Heroes Contest 2.0 (PIB) One of the primary objectives of the Ministry of Jal Shakti is to make water conservation a people’s movement and strengthen the water consciousness in the country. For furthering this objective, the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the ‘Water Heroes – Share Your Stories’ Contest from September 1, 2020 with an aim to reach out to people on the important subject of water conservation and management.