GS1: Modern India
- On celebrating hundred years of AITUC; Continuing struggles of working class in India (National Herald) AITUC, the first Central Trade Union of India founded on October 31, 1920, in Mumbai with unions of various sectors from all over the country is entering into its centenary year on October 31, 2019
- Education, the nation and the States (TH) The National Education Policy 2020 underestimates the problem of reconciling the three systems of education in India
- IISc and Indian Oil R&D sign MoU for hydrogen-generation technology (TH) Hydrogen generated from this demonstration plant will be used to power fuel cell buses as part of a bigger project being conceived by IndianOil towards ushering in the country’s hydrogen economy.
- New wage code bars bonus for those facing sex abuse charges (TH) Those indulging in sexual harassment of any form could run the risk of losing out on bonus dues from their employers, thanks to a provision in the Code on Wages that the government is currently framing rules for.
- Reinforcing RBI’s accountability (TH) It must abide by the law and apprise the Centre of why it failed to control inflation
- Mission Sagar - II (PIB) As part of ‘Mission Sagar-II’, Indian Naval Ship Airavat entered Port Sudan on 02 November 2020. The Government of India is providing assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries to overcome natural calamities and COVID-19 pandemic, and towards the same INS Airavat is carrying a consignment of 100 Tonnes of food aid for the people of Sudan.