EC not for state funding of polls: Thakur tells LS(TH) The commission is of the view that it would not be able to prohibit or check candidates’ expenditure over and above the state’s provision.
GS2: Social issues
Explained: How the Centre’s planned Sanskrit universities will function(IE) Minister of Human Resource Development Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' introduced The Central Sanskrit Universities Bill, 2019 in Rajya Sabha on March 2.
GS2: International Relations
Return to chaos in Afghanistan? (TH), ‘India monitoring impact of U.S.Taliban deal’(TH) The statement came as a reduction of violence period came to an end, and the Taliban said a resumption of operations against Afghan government forces could now take place
Pushing the wrong energy buttons(TH) The idea of India importing nuclear reactors is a zombie one with serious concerns about their cost and safety
Bottom or mirage?(TH) official estimates of gross domestic product for the fiscal third quarter have pegged growth in the festival demand-filled October-December period at 4.7%, a distinct slowdown from the revised year-earlier and preceding quarters’ 5.6% and 5.1% paces respectively. Manufacturing, which contributes just under a fifth to gross value added (GVA), was the biggest drag posting a 0.2?cline and extending the sector’s contraction into a second straight quarter.
GS3: Science & Technology
Fact Check: How will in-flight WiFi work? (IE) THE TECHNOLOGY: Broadly, in-flight connectivity systems use two kinds of technologies. One, an onboard antenna picks up signals from the nearest tower on the ground, and unless the aircraft flying over a large space with no towers (such as a water body), the connection will remain seamless up to a certain altitude.
1. DRSCs - Standing panels make up for fewer sittings’(TH) Work of the 24 DRSCs in examining Demands of all ministries equals 30 days of the functioning of the Parliament.
2. Lokpal and Lokayuktas - Punjab Cabinet nod for Lokayukta Bill(TH) Punjab’s Cabinet on Monday approved the introduction of the Punjab Lokayukta Bill, 2020, which will cover all levels of public functionaries including the Chief Minister.
3. Coronavirus vs flu - Explained: How does Coronavirus compare to the flu? (IE) All respiratory illnesses, including both the coronavirus and influenza, are the most dangerous for individuals above the age of 65. Those with poor immunity or chronic illnesses are also at greater risk than others
4. Week-Long “Ekam Fest” to Begin Tomorrow - EKAM Fest is an effort for promoting entrepreneurship and knowledge among Divyangjan community, generating awareness among society about potentialities of PwDs
5. Various schemes have been launched to preserve and promote languages, folk dance, Art and culture of tribals (PIB) Sahitya Akademi, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Culture, encourages the preservation and promotion of languages, especially the unrecognized and tribal languages. The Akademi periodically organizes language conventions throughout the country in this regard.
6. Nomination dossiers of ‘Dholavira: A Harappan City’ and ‘Monuments and Forts of Deccan Sultanate’ (PIB)" Government of India has submitted two nomination dossiers namely ‘Dholavira: A Harappan City’ and ‘Monuments and Forts of Deccan Sultanate’ for inclusion in the World Heritage List for the year 2020.