- Master and the roster (TH) The Supreme Court recently laid to rest the proceedings enquiring into a conspiracy to threaten the independence of the judiciary on the basis of sexual harassment.
- Revising Food Security Act: why, how, and implications for Centre, states (IE) The NITI Aayog recently circulated a discussion paper on a proposed revision in the National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013. A look at the move and its implications:
- Celebrations of the 3rd Janaushadhi Diwas 2021 kicks off (PIB) Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India (BPPI), the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) is celebrating 3rd Janaushadhi Diwas on 7th March, 2021 with the theme of “Seva bhi – Rozgar bhi”.
International Relations: GS2
- Paris Agreement goals: UN urges countries to update emission targets (IE) Of the 197 Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), only 75 have submitted new or updated nationally determined contributions (NDC) till December 31, 2020. These Parties account for 30 per cent of the global greenhouse emissions.
- U.S. trade report flags issues from ‘Make in India’ policy (TH) The campaign epitomises the challenges facing bilateral trade ties, U.S. Congress told
Science & Technology: GS3
- "Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurates the three-day Global Bio India 2021 (PIB) - Also a brief about the importance of Biotech sector" Being one of the largest biotechnology stakeholder conglomerates, this event is being co-organised by the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India along with its Public Sector Undertaking, and Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC) in partnership with industry association Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Association of Biotechnology Led Enterprises (ABLE) and Invest India.