GS1: Important Geophysical Phenomena
- "Explained: What is the ‘heat dome’ that is causing record high temperatures inparts of North America? The temperatures reported from the Pacific northwest and some parts of Canada are part of a "historic" heat wave, a result of a phenomenon referred to as a "heat dome".
GS2: Government Policies and Interventions for Development in various sectors
- Defence service workers barred from strike The Law Ministry late on Wednesday notified an Ordinance that prohibited employees engaged in essential defence services from taking part in any agitation or strike.
GS2: Issues and Challenges Pertaining to the Federal Structure
- Delhi’s lame duck Assembly The GNCTD (Amendment) Act prohibits the exercise of free speech in the Assembly and its committees
GS3: Indian economy, Mobilisation of Resources
- ‘GNPA ratio may rise up to 11.2% in FY22’ RBI sees banks’ gross NPA ratio climbing to 9.8% under baseline scenario, from 7.48% in March 2021
- What lies ahead for IBC and stressed assets resolution? The size of the haircut should not be the gauge of the success of the IBC process
- Envisioning the post pandemic smart city (TH) It is clear that the pathway for ‘smart cities’, and also other towns not on the map, needs to change
GS1: Salient Features of Indian Society
- The religious life of Indians, according to a recent survey Pratap Bhanu Mehta writes: Indians are committed to religious diversity, but exclusionary and segmented in toleration, and tempted by authoritarianism.
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Education
- In last academic year, only 22% schools had Internet (UDISE+) The Unified District Information System for Education Plus (UDISE+) report collates data from more than 15 lakh schools across the country.
GS2: Welfare Schemes for Vulnerable Sections
- Explained: Countries that allow gender self-identification, and the law in India ( Transgender Persons Act, 2019) Self-identification, or ‘self-id’, is the concept that a person should be allowed to legally identify with the gender of their choice by simply declaring so, and without facing any medical tests.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: How ZyCov-D works, how it is different new If approved by the regulator, ZyCov-D will be the world's first DNA vaccine against infection with SARS-CoV-2.
GS2: Bilateral, Regional & Global Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India's Interests
- EU green pass row Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, and Spain have confirmed they have included Covishield in their national list of approved vaccines, the sources said.
GS2: India and neighbourhood- relations
- 7th INDIAN OCEAN NAVAL SYMPOSIUM (IONS) IONS, conceived by the Indian Navy in 2008, seeks to enhance maritime cooperation among Navies of the littoral states of the IOR by providing an open and inclusive forum for discussion of regionally relevant maritime issues that would lead to common understanding on the way ahead.