- Key Highlights of Union Budget 2021-22(PIB) Rs. 64,180 crore outlay over 6 years for PM Atma Nirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana – a new centrally sponsored scheme to be launched, in addition to NHM
- "Govt. agrees to maintain States’ share in the divisible pool of taxes(TH); 12.5% weightage for demographic performance of southern States in tax-transfer calculations
- The Report of the Fifteenth Finance Commission (PIB) The Commission was asked to give its recommendations on many unique and wide-ranging issues in its terms of reference. Apart from the vertical and horizontal tax devolution, local government grants, disaster management grant, the Commission was also asked to examine and recommend performance incentives for States in many areas like power sector, adoption of DBT, solid waste management etc.
GS2: International Relations
- For New Delhi, the tightrope on Myanmar is back (TH) India has deep security relationship with Myanmar military.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: What is Stardust 1.0, the first rocket to run on biofuel? (IE) Sunday’s launch marks another historic first for Maine since Stardust 1.0 has become the first commercial rocket launch for the state located in northeastern US.