GS2: Polity & Governance
- Raja can’t campaign for 48 hours, says ECI(TH) The Election Commission of India (ECI) on Friday debarred DMK deputy general secretary A. Raja from campaigning for 48 hours with immediate effect.
- An Act of colourable legislation(TH) Enactment of the Places of Worship Act, 1991 in its current format damages the liberty of belief, faith and worship to all
- Union Education Minister launches “MyNEP2020” platform of NCTE Portal(PIB) Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today launched the “MyNEP2020” Platform of NCTE Web Portal. The platform seeks to invite suggestions/inputs/membership from the stakeholders for preparing draft for development of National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) and National Mission for Mentoring Program membership (NMM). The “MyNEP2020” platform will be operational from 1st April 2021 to 15th May 2021.
- No interest cut on small savings(TH) On Wednesday, the Ministry issued an office memorandum effecting cut in the range of 50 basis points to 90 basis points. This was one of the biggest reductions after the interest rate unchanged for longest period.
- States get ₹45,000 cr. as additional devolution(TH) The Finance Ministry on Thursday said it has released ₹45,000 crore to the States as additional devolution in the 2020-21 fiscal following revenue
- Overseeing oversights(TH) U-turn on the drastic cut in small savings rates deferred the impact, but revealed the intent
GS3: Science and Technology
- Covaxin for those who got placebo(TH) Subject Expert Committee allows Bharat Biotech to unblind trial participants aged above 45.
- Rawat launches joint logistics hub(TH) As part of measures to boost tri-service integration and resource optimisation, Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat on Thursday operationalised the logistics hub.