Updated on 29 November, 2019
GS2: Social Issues
- QS Rankings: 8 India universities in Asia top 100, IIT Bombay 34th (IE) The 96 Indian universities featured in the rankings include eight among the top 100, and 31 among the top 250.
- India’s food basket must be enlarged (TH) Agrobiodiversity can help improve the country’s poor ranking in the Global Hunger Index.
- Should life convicts be denied remission? (TH) No one should be denied the benefit, but proof of reform and sound reasoning are needed
- Affordable housing policy spurs home sales in small towns (Mint) Home sales in 20 tier-II cities made up 25% of nationwide sales at the end of 2018-19, up from 16% five years ago
GS2: International Relations
- Not as you say, but as you do (TH) India will now find it difficult to tough-talk leaders in the neighbourhood, all with strong mandates of their own
- ADB, India sign $451 Million Loan to strengthen Power Connectivity in Tamil Nadu (PIB) The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India today signed a $451 million loan to strengthen power connectivity between the southern and northern parts of the Chennai–Kanyakumari Industrial Corridor (CKIC), which is part of the East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC), in Tamil Nadu. ADB is the lead partner of the Government of India for developing ECEC.
- Explained: How Sebi’s new default disclosure norm works (IE) the change was necessary to address information asymmetry — or a gap in the availability of information to different classes of investors — on defaults on loans by listed companies.
- Once bitten, twice prepared: Air India sale needs better scheduling (Mint) Is the government’s 100% stake offload offer enough to move the needle on the Air India sale?
- With $78bn, India still highest overseas remittance receiver (ToI) India continues to retain its position as the world's top recipient of remittances, with its diaspora sending back $78.6 billion in 2018.
- Nod for defence purchase worth ₹22,800 cr. (TH) Navy to get six more Poseidon-8I 'submarine-hunting' aircraft...