- Patharughat Explained: The forgotten peasant uprising of Assam in 1894 (IE) Today a "martyrs column" stands where the incident took place — Patharughat, a small village in Assam's Darrang district, 60km northeast of Guwahati.
- PM pays tributes to Lala Lajpat Rai on his Jayanti (PIB) Remembering the great Lala Lajpat Rai Ji on his Jayanti. His contribution to India’s freedom struggle is indelible and inspires people across generations".
- Explained: History & precedent of President’s address in Parliament (IE)" This year's first Parliament session begins Friday with President Ram Nath Kovind's address. How did this tradition begin, what is the protocol followed, and what have the speeches dwelt on over the years?
- Explained: In Bombay HC verdict on sexual assault, the issue of mandatory minimum sentencing (IE) The Bombay HC has acquitted a man of sexual assault charges under the POCSO Act for groping a child, and instead convicted him under the IPC for a lesser offence. What is this case about?
- "India Joins the World to Light Up Qutub Minar As a Sign of Unity to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)(PIB) January 30, 2021 will mark the second annual World Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) Day, highlighting the global community’s commitment to ending Neglected Tropical Diseases that cause immeasurable suffering among the world’s most marginalized communities. India joins the world to Combat Neglected Tropical Diseases. On this day the Qutub Minar will be lit up along with other landmarks across the world.
- ‘Finalise policy on rare diseases by March 31’(TH) In draft policy govt. has proposed crowd-funding for treatment of high-cost rare diseases
GS2: International Relations
- ‘India’s UNSC seat a matter of discussion’(TH) It is n response to a question on whether India, Germany and Japan should become permanent members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC).
- ‘Plug gaps in GST to raise fiscal support (TH) India should propose a credible privatisation plan for public sector firms, plug gaps in GST collections and cut wasteful expenditure from the Budget
GS3 : Environment
- National Marine Turtle Action Plan launched.(PIB) India has rich marine biodiversity along a vast coastline of over 7,500 km. From colorful fish, sharks, including Whale Sharks, turtles and big mammals like whales, dolphins and dugongs to bright corals, marine habitats not only harbor diverse species but also provide resources essential for human wellbeing.
- 2021: Year of Indo-French alliance towards a Greener Planet(PIB) “India has made significant progress towards climate change action & has already achieved 26% of reduction of emission intensity. As of 2020 the renewable capacity in India stands at 90 GW which includes 36 GW of solar energy & 38 GW of wind energy.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Dark matter not ‘super heavy’ or ‘super light’: In a first, scientists calculate its mass range (DTE) Quantum gravity, a combination of Einstein’s concepts of quantum physics and general relativity, was used in the research
- Explained: Three men are paying $50mn each to travel to the ISS. All about the mission (IE) Axiom Mission 1 (AX 1): Axiom chief executive Suffredini said the private astronauts will have to pass medical tests and also undergo 15 weeks of rigorous training before their trip to space.