- "Explained: Why there are different voters lists, and why the government wants a Common Electoral Roll(IE)" Each SEC is governed by a separate state Act. Some state laws allow the SEC to borrow and use the EC’s voter’s rolls in toto for the local body elections. In others, the state commission uses the EC’s voters list as the basis for the preparation and revision of rolls for municipality and panchayat elections.
- The future of Health(IE) NDHM is also a purposeful step towards the achievement of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal of Universal Health Coverage — it encompasses key aspects of this goal including financial risk protection, access to quality essential healthcare services, medicines and vaccines for all.
GS2: Social Justice
- "Eklavya Model Residential School teacher selected for National Award to Teachers 2020 (PIB)" As per revised 2018 EMRS Scheme, every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons, will have an Eklavya Model Residential School by the year 2022. These schools will be on par with Navodaya Vidyalayas and will have special facilities for preserving local art and culture besides providing training in sports and skill development.
GS2: International Relations
- "Japan’s PM Shinzo Abe resigns: here’s how his tenure was and what happens next(IE); be’s sudden resignation was a combination of foreign and domestic factors, including a political stalemate in Japan over the country’s logistical support for the US invasion of Afghanistan.
- Why New Delhi will miss Abe, who gave new shape to Japan’s India ties(IE)" The relationship grew and encompassed issues from civilian nuclear energy to maritime security, bullet trains to quality infrastructure, Act East policy to Indo-Pacific strategy.
- "Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) - National Mission for Financial Inclusion, completes six years of successful implementation(PIB)" MJDY has brought the unbanked into the banking system, expanded the financial architecture of India and brought financial inclusion to over 40 crore account holders. A majority of the beneficiaries are women and most of the accounts are from rural India. In today’s COVID19 times, we have witnessed the remarkable swiftness and seamlessness with which DBTs have empowered and provided financial security to the vulnerable sections of society. An important aspect is that DBTs via PM Jan Dhan accounts have ensured every rupee reaches its intended beneficiary and prevented systemic leakage.”
- "In ‘act of god’, coercive not cooperative federalism(TH); . The Fourteenth Finance Commission allotted 42% of central government tax revenues to States. However, Accountability Initiative’s analysis of State Budgets shows that States received only 30%of central tax collections during the 2015-19 period.
- India’s biz climate rank may be hit by WB probe(Mint) India benefitted from methodological changes, Kaushik Basu who supervised the release of the reports during 2012-16 as the chief economist of WB had said, alluding to the “two big controversies" involving India’s rise from 130th place to 100, and Chile losing its ranking between 2016 and 2017.
- "Power Minister graces ceremony of 6th Foundation Day of AREAS through online platform(PIB)" Association of Renewable Energy Agencies of the States (AREAS) has been formed on MNRE initiative to interact and learn from each other’s experiences and also share their best practices and knowledge regarding technologies and schemes/programmes. The AREAS got registered under Society Registration Act 1860 on 27 August 2014. Union Minister for New & Renewable Energy is the Patron of the Association and Secretary, MNRE is the ex-officio President of the Association. All SNAs( State Nodal Agencies) are the member of the Association.
- "IT Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad Launches “Chunauti”- Next Generation Start-up Challenge Contest(PIB)" “Chunauti”- Next Generation Startup Challenge Contest to further boost startups and software products with special focus on Tier-II towns of India. The government has earmarked a budget of Rs. 95.03 Crore over a period of three years for this programme. It aims to identify around 300 startups working in identified areas and provide them seed fund of upto Rs. 25 Lakh and other facilities