- SEC censures two IAS officers, A.P. govt. objects (TH) Principal Secretary (Panchayat Raj) Gopal Krishna Dwivedi and Commissioner M. Girija Shankar have failed in discharging their duties.
- SC asks for timeline on appointments (TH) Govt approved constitution of 22nd Law Commission on February 19 last
- Explained: In Bombay HC verdict on sexual assault, the issue of mandatory minimum sentencing (IE) The Bombay HC has acquitted a man of sexual assault charges under the POCSO Act for groping a child, and instead convicted him under the IPC for a lesser offence. What is this case about?
GS2: International Relations
- Russia gives nod to extend START treaty (TH) Speaking via video link to the World Economic Forum’s virtual meeting, Mr. Putin hailed the decision to extend the treaty as “a step in the right direction.
- India signs Strategic Partnership Agreement with International Energy Agency (IEA) (PIB) The Framework for Strategic Partnership between the International Energy Agency (IEA) members and the Government of India was signed on 27th January, 2021 to strengthen mutual trust and cooperation & enhance global energy security, stability and sustainability.This partnership will lead to an extensive exchange of knowledge and would be a stepping stone towards India becoming a full member of the IEA.