GS1: Art and Culture
- "KVIC Brings Alive 1000-yrs Old Monpa Handmade Paper Industry in Tawang to Revive the Heritage Art; a Historic Feat for North East (PIB)" The 1000-year old heritage art – the Monpa Handmade Paper of Arunachal Pradesh – which was driven to the extinction, has come to life once again, with the committed efforts of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC). The art of making Monpa handmade paper originated over 1000 years ago. Gradually the art became an integral part of local custom and culture in Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh. Once produced in every household in Tawang, this handmade paper was a major source of livelihood for the locals. However, the handmade paper industry almost disappeared in the last 100 years; prompting KVIC to plan revival of this ancient art.
- Governor’s role in calling an Assembly session: what the law, courts say (IE) The Governor shall from time to time summon the House or each House of the Legislature of the State to meet at such time and place as he thinks fit…” says Article 174 of the Constitution. The provision also puts on the Governor the responsibility of ensuring that the House is summoned at least once every six months.
- ‘Jal Jeevan adds 1 lakh water connections daily’(TH) Since its launch in August 2019, the Centre’s ambitious flagship scheme Jal Jeevan Mission ( JJM), which in partnership with the States seeks to ensure that every rural household of the country gets assured drinking water supply by 2024, has achieved 32.3% coverage of tap connections in rural India, emerging as a key scheme in the Narendra Modi government’s second term.
GS2: International Relations
- India and its neighbours (TH) Did the military standoff in Ladakh impact regional ties?
GS2: Social issues
- Tribal ministry panels draft fresh guidelines for community forest, habitat rights (DTE) Gram Sabhas will have more power in the management of community forest rights (CFR) and habitat rights, according to new guidelines drafted by the Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) in December 2020. An increased representation of various user groups such as the graziers, minor forest produce collectors, women and other groups dependent on forest including hamlets also find mention in the two drafts.
- "PM launches Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT to extend coverage to all residents of Jammu & Kashmir (PIB)" The Scheme provides free of cost insurance cover to all the residents of the UT of J&K. It provides financial cover upto Rs 5 lakh per family on a floater basis to all residents of the UT of J&K. It provides for operational extension of PM-JAY to 15 lakh (approx) additional families. The scheme will operate on insurance mode in convergence with PM-JAY. The benefits of the scheme will be portable across the country. The hospitals empanelled under PM-JAY scheme shall provide services under this scheme as well.
GS3: Agriculture related issues
- Explained: What is Jharkhand’s crop relief scheme that will replace PM insurance scheme It is a compensation scheme aimed at providing security cover to Jharkhand farmers in case of crop damage due to natural calamity. It will cover both land owning and landless farmers.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Nanomicelles: using nanoparticles for cancer treatment (TH) Scientists created the first global atlas of direct interactions between SARS-CoV-2 RNA and the human cell proteins.