- Virtual, yet open(TH) The situation forced by the lockdown must be used to improve judicial processes
GS2: International Relations
- Immigration ban and the impact(TH) The immediate context of his proposal is the teetering U.S. economy, which, like many others across the world, has ground to a virtual halt in the face of the pandemic.
- RBI opens ₹50,000 cr. liquidity tap for MFs(TH) Lending window to help rebuild investors’ confidence in MFs
- Explained: What RBI’s Rs 50,000 crore boost means for mutual funds(IE); Banks wary of lending to debt The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday announced a special liquidity window of Rs 50, 000 crore to bail out mutual funds hit by the turmoil in the debt fund segment that led to the closure of six credit risk funds by Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund.
- Costly to bypass MPC framework(IE) This requires making the institution of MPC more enduring, not bypassing it. Decision on monetary policy actions based on voting by committee members, provision of inflation and growth forecasts in the resolution statement, and coordination of rate-setting and liquidity management, need to be adhered to.
- What are SIPs, compare it with FIIs" In the last few years, indirect investment made by retail investors into stocks through the systematic investment plan (SIP) route has surged, outpacing money invested by foreign institutional investors (FIIs) into stocks. Will this continue?
- First merger of two black holes with unequal masses detected(TH) For the first time since it started functioning, the gravitational wave observatories at LIGO scientific collaboration have detected a merger of two
GS3: Internal Security
- India among top 3 military spenders: report(TH) ‘India’s tensions and rivalry with Pakistan, China are among major drivers for its increased expenditure’
- Explained: How the ozone layer hole over Arctic closed(IE) The hole in the North Pole's ozone layer, which was first detected in February, had since reached a maximum extension of around 1 million sq km.