GS2: Polity and Governance
- India ranked 49th in CGGI(TH) India has been ranked 49th in the Chandler Good Government Index (CGGI), which classifies 104 countries in terms of government capabilities.
- Undermining ‘vaccination for all’(TH) The new vaccine strategy raises questions, beginning with the Centre giving up its control over the market for vaccines
- ‘Logistics is key to easing oxygen crisis’(TH) The oxygen shortages at hospitals treating COVID-19 patients leading to multiple deaths, which has turned the spotlight on the production and supply
GS2: International Relations
- Project DANTAK completes 60 years in Bhutan(PIB) Project DANTAK is commemorating its Diamond Jubilee in Bhutan. Indian Ambassador to Bhutan Smt Ruchira Kamboj laid a floral wreath at the DANTAK Memorial in Simtokha on April 24, 2021. Commandant, Indian Military Training Team (IMTRAT) Maj Gen Sanjeev Chauhan and Chief Engineer DANTAK Brig Kabir Kashyap also paid their respects at the memorial. It was a fitting tribute to the sacrifices made by personnel of DANTAK in strengthening the bonds of friendship between India and Bhutan. It may be recalled that over 1,200 DANTAK personnel laid down their lives while constructing important infrastructure in Bhutan.
GS2: Social development
- Another wave spells more nutrition loss(TH) The inability of those already on the brink of subsistence to absorb a second economic shock cannot be overlooked
GS1: Art and Culture
- Nomadland wins big at pandemic Oscars(TH) In the biggest surprise of a socially distanced Oscar ceremony held during the pandemic, best actor went to Anthony Hopkins for his performance in the dementia drama ‘The Father’