- PM pitches for ‘One Nation, One Election’ (TH) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday again raised the pitch for “One Nation, One Election” and a single voter list for all polls in order to prevent the over expenditure in elections.
- Explained: Why-is-november-26- observed-as-india's-constitution-day? (IE) On this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India formally adopted the Constitution of India that came into force on 26 January 1950
GS2: International Relations
- With self-reliance push, China looks to reset ties with world (TH) The move is to make China less reliant on the world and to make the world more reliant on China
- "Dr. Harsh Vardhan reviews implementation of Ayushman Bharat - PMJAY and National Digital Health Mission (NDHM)" Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare today visited National Health Authority (NHA) to conduct a high-level review of the implementation of the flagship health protection mission, Ayushman Bharat - Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana(AB PM-JAY) and National Digital Health Mission (NDHM). The Union Health Minister also interacted with several officials taking a complete review of implementation of both the schemes covering all important aspects.
- "Govt. allots ₹2,000cr. for infra funding (TH) Cabinet approves up to ₹6,000-crore of equity infusion into NIIF’s platform by 2021-22
- "Ministry of Ports, Shipping and waterways issues Draft Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020 for Public Consultation" he Merchant Shipping Bill, 2020 has been drafted,with the primary aim of promoting the growth of the Indian shipping industry by incorporating the best practices adopted by other advanced countries like the U.S., Japan, U.K., Singapore and Australia. All up-to-date IMO Conventions / protocols, to which India is a party, have been adopted in it. Adequate provisions are incorporated to ensure the safety and security of vessels, safety of life at sea, prevent marine pollution, provide for maritime liabilities and compensations, and ensure comprehensive adoption of India’s obligations under International Conventions.
GS3: Internal Security
- IMAC to be domain awareness centre (TH) ‘Today we are well-equipped to ensure that a dastardly act like 26/11 doesn’t occur again’, says an official
- UNDP and Invest India launch the SDG Investor Map for India To make economy more sustainable, six crucial sectors identified on the map for investment