- A time for reform in courts(TH) The Supreme Court Rules, 2013 should amend provisions pertaining to Special Leave Petitions (SLPs). Article 136 of the Constitution enables people to file a petition seeking leave to appeal a decision of any judicial or quasi-judicial authority.
GS2 : Schemes
- "Webinar on “Van Dhan Scheme: learnings for post COVID-19” organized by DST, Rajasthan in association with TRIFED, M/O Tribal Affairs(PIB)" They have launched a #GoTribal campaign and are growing from strength to strength via opening up of over 120 permanent outlets aross the country (including airports), ecommerce platforms, exhibitions, organizing grand ‘Aadi Mahotsavs; and entering into tie-ups for providing training to the artisans for further capcity building, quality improvement and market alignment.
- How India can become self reliant(TH) Much has changed since the self-reliance model of the Nehruvian era, so a perspective for Indian self-reliance in science and technology (S&T) and industry in a globalised world is long overdue.
- Why RBI should now be our lender of first resort(Mint) Its monetary easing tools are turning blunt even as the government relies on lending for an economic revival. Perhaps RBI could fight credit-risk aversion by buying corporate bonds
- "Gadkari inaugurates the breakthrough event of Chamba Tunnel under Chardham Pariyojana(PIB)" Under prestigious Chardham Project costing around Rs 12,000 Crore with approximate length of 889 Km, BRO is constructing 250 Km of National Highways leading to holy shrine Gangotri and Badrinath.
- Explained: Why locusts are being sighted in urban areas, what it can mean for crops (IE) This can be traced back to the cyclonic storms Mekunu and Luban that had struck Oman and Yemen respectively in 2018.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: What is Tianwen-1, China’s Mars mission(IE) China's previous ‘Yinghuo-1’ Mars mission, which had piggybacked on a Russian spacecraft, had failed after it could not leave the Earth's orbit and disintegrated over the Pacific Ocean in 2012.
- "What is ANtarctic Impulsive Transient Antenna or ANITA? ANITA, a stratospheric balloon payload flying over the Antarctic. This balloon was designed to detect cosmic-ray air showers through radio-wave signals.