GS2: Polity & Governance
- CJI made ‘statement of law’ at CBI panel The CJI was clear during the meeting chaired by the Prime Minister and attended by Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, leader of largest Opposition party, on Monday that the committee’s selection of officers should be able to withstand the “scrutiny of law in the future”.
- Panel to define offences of speech, expression The committee constituted by Home Ministry on reforms to the IPC may propose a separate Section
- New IT rules come into force today; will comply, says FB Social media giant Facebook on Tuesday said it aimed to comply with the provisions of India’s new IT rules of intermediaries, which come into effect on Wednesday. The U.S.-headquartered firm added that it continued to discuss the issues related to the new guidelines with the government.
- Slowing the pace of India’s mucormycosis threat The experience of oncologists who rely on steroid-based protocols offers lessons in preventing and managing cases
GS2: International Relations
- Standing less tallIndian diplomacy must take a fresh look at its Southeast Asia policy and the constraints being imposed on it by unsatisfactory economic performance and sectarian and communal politics at home.
- Ministry of Power decided to set up a National Mission on use of Biomass The Ministry of Power will set up a National Mission on use of biomass in coal based thermal power plants to address the issue of air pollution due to farm stubble burning and to reduce carbon footprints of thermal power generation.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Paediatric syndrome linked with COVID-19 resolved after six months The symptoms of the condition include fever, rash, eye infection, and gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g. diarrhoea, stomach-ache, nausea). In some rare cases, the condition can lead to multi-organ failure.