- Why no decision on list sent by Collegium, SC asks government (TH) The court asked Attorney General K.K. Venugopal to enquire with the Union Ministry of Law and Justice and make a statement on April 8 about their status.
- Here is why the electoral bonds scheme must go (TH) It violates the basic tenets of India’s democracy by keeping the knowledge of the ‘right to know’ from citizens and voters
- SC suggests posting retired judges to clear backlog in HCs (TH) “In North India, some courts have cases pending for 30 years”
- Centre insists on DBT for welfare boards (TH) The Advisory Board is learnt to have flagged the purchase of stainless steel utensils through a tender process by the Maharashtra government, the distribution of umbrellas and lanterns was red-flagged in Himachal Pradesh.
- Faster, sooner (TH) India has the wherewithal to sharply accelerate daily vaccination rate
GS2: Social Justice
- Army criteria systemically discriminates against women: Supreme Court(IE) The Supreme Court was hearing a batch of petitions filed by women officers for Permanent Commission in the Indian Army and Navy, seeking a direction that contempt proceedings be initiated against those who had allegedly failed in their duty to comply with the top court's earlier judgment.
- Suez Canal temporarily halts navigation (TH) Shipping specialists warn it could take days or even weeks to refloat vessel.