- Inscription on Vijayanagar king’s death discovered (TH) The first-ever epigraphical reference to the date of death of Vijayanagar king Krishnadevaraya has been discovered at Honnenahalli in Tumakuru district.
- Inhibiting free speech (TH)Courts shouldn’t pre-empt Assembly inquiries based on limits of legislative competence
- Explained: Inside new social media code (IE) Citing instructions from the Supreme Court and the concerns raised in Parliament about social media abuse, the government on Thursday released guidelines that aim to regulate social media, digital news media, and over-the-top (OTT) content providers.
GS2: International Relations
- India, Pakistan agree to adhere to 2003 ceasefire (TH) In a first joint statement issued by the two sides in years, India and Pakistan on Thursday said they have agreed to a “strict observance of all agreements.
- Explained: What is COVAX, the scheme to distribute COVID-19 vaccines around the world? (IE) Under the COVAX program, over 2 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines are expected to be delivered by the end of 2021.
- Explained: What rise in bond yield means for investors and govt (IE) The sudden rise in domestic and global bond yields recently moderated the enthusiasm of equity market participants around the world.
- City Innovation Exchange (CiX) Launched for Fostering Innovation in Urban Ecosystem (PIB) The platform will be a significant addition to the growing innovation ecosystem of India and focuses on fostering innovative practices in cities. CiX, through an ‘open innovation’ process, engages with innovators to design-test-deliver on solutions to pressing urban challenges.
- "Swachh Iconic Places - Ministry of Jal Shakti announces selection of 12 sites for transforming them into ‘Swachh Tourist Destinations’under Phase-IV (PIB)" Taking forward the vision of Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi for transforming iconic heritage, spiritual and cultural places in the country as ‘Swachh Tourist Destinations’ underSwachh Iconic Places (SIP) initiative of Swachh Bharat Mission Grameen (SBM-G), the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti has announced the selection ofthe following Twelve (12) iconic sites under Phase IV of SIP.