- Evidence of dairy production in the Indus Valley Civilisation (TH) Traces indicate that milk may have been boiled before consumption. The year 2020 marks 100 years of discovery of Indus Valley Civilisation
GS1: Social Issues
- The chronic battle with malnourishment (TH) The story so far: India has been ranked 94 on the 2020 Global Hunger Index (GHI), lower than neighbours like Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- Explained: Why is World Polio Day observed, where India stands (IE) As per the CDC, Afghanistan and Pakistan are the last strongholds of the wild poliovirus. In Pakistan, the number of reported wild poliovirus cases has increased in 2020.
GS2: International Relations
- An Expert Explains | Why US President poll matters to India (IE)US presidential polls 2020: A look at how US-India relationship has evolved, and its highs and lows irrespective of whether the President has been a Democrat or a Republican.
- Ideas Explained: How APMC markets went from being a solution to a problem (IE) In the initial years, APMC Acts helped remove malpractices and freed the farmers from the exploitative power of middlemen and mercantile capital
- Quixplained: The various factors that cause Delhi’s air quality to dip this time of the year (IE) Every year in October, Delhi’s air quality dips and a war of words between different governments erupts. Air pollution in Delhi and the whole of the Indo Gangetic plains is a complex phenomenon that is dependent on a variety of factors. The first and foremost is the input of pollutants, followed by weather and local conditions.
- PM to inaugurate National Conference on Vigilance and Anti Corruption (PIB) The Central Bureau of Investigation organizes this National Conference coinciding with ‘Vigilance Awareness Week’, which is observed in India every year from 27th October to 2nd November. Activities in this conference would be focused on Vigilance issues aimed at raising awareness and reaffirming India’s commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.