- Jallikattu is India’s entry for Oscar awards (TH) Third Malayalam film after Guru and Adaminte Makan Abu to vie for the Oscars honours
- Explained: Uttar Pradesh’s ‘love jihad’ law, and why it could be implemented vigorously (IE) The UP government Tuesday approved the Vidhi Virudh Dharmantaran Bill 2020 or the Prohibition of Unlawful Conversion Bill 2020 that seeks to bar “forceful religious conversions”, including for marriage. However, it is not the first state to bring a law to regulate conversions for marriage.
- None including the Judiciary is supreme, only the Constitution is; asserts the Vice President (PIB) Vice President of India and Chairman of Rajya Sabha Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu today asserted that none of the three organs of the 'State' can claim to be supreme as only the Constitution is supreme and the legislature, the executive and the judiciary are bound to work within the respective domains
- PM chairs 33rd PRAGATI interaction (PIB) Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi chaired the PRAGATI meeting today. It marked Prime Minister’s thirty-third interaction through PRAGATI - the ICT based multi-modal platform for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation, involving Central and State governments.
GS2: Social issues
- Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot E-Launches ‘National Portal for Transgender Persons’ and E-Inaugurates Garima Greh: A Shelter Home for Transgender Persons in Gujarat (PIB)" This highly useful Portal would help a transgender person in applying for a Certificate and Identity card digitally from anywhere in the country. The most important benefit is that it helps the transgender person to get the I-Card without any physical interface and without having to visit any office, the Minister said.
- "Govt. allots ₹2,000cr. for infra funding (TH) The Cabinet on Wednesday approved the infusion of ₹6,000 crore as equity into a new debt platform to raise up to ₹1.1 lakh crore for financing infrastructure.
- Financing Platform comprising Aseem Infrastructure Finance Limited and NIIF Infrastructure Finance Limited (PIB) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to the proposal for equity infusion by Government of Rs 6000 crores in NIIF Debt Platform sponsored by National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF), comprising of Aseem Infrastructure Finance Limited (AIFL) and NIIF Infrastructure Finance Limited (NIIF-IFL)
- Cabinet approves Scheme of Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank with DBS Bank India Limited (PIB) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to the Scheme of Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited (LVB) with DBS Bank India Limited (DBIL). On 17.11.2020, to protect depositors' interest and in the interest of financial and banking stability, on RBI's application under section 45 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, LVB had been under moratorium for a period of 30 days. In parallel, RBI, in consultation with Government, superseded the Board of Directors of LVB and appointed an Administrator to protect the depositors' interest.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: What is eVIN and how will it be used for distributing Covid-19 vaccines? (IE) What is eVIN and How Will it Ensure Covid-19 Vaccination for a Billion Plus ... to address the needs for distribution and tracking of Covid-19 vaccine