- Panchayats to get ₹10 lakh cr. till 2026(TH) Road construction and maintenance, as well as drinking water supply have been the major projects carried out by panchayats using FC grants. The 2.63 lakh panchayats across the country have 29 functions under their ambit, according to the 11th Schedule of the Constitution.
GS2: International Relations
- Why China is being aggressive along the LAC(TH) Its moves are inﬂuenced by a host of factors — from the fractures in the global order to the decline of India’s smart power
- SEBI eases preferential issue pricing norms for companies(TH) The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has relaxed the preferential allotment pricing norms for companies while tightening the insider trading regulations as part of its attempts to minimise instances of unpublished, price-sensitive information getting leaked.
- Unmaking in India(IE) The difficulties in executing it only underline its absurdity. At the crux of the matter is defining the “country of origin”. While products may be assembled in one country, the raw materials or components are often sourced from several other countries.
- A time to universalize PDS(IE) Under the National Food Security Act (NFSA), about 60 per cent of the current population has priority ration cards while some states such as Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have additional coverage which they support through their own budgets.
- IITM, German institute collaborating to develop green energy solutions(TH) The project, taken up under the Scheme for Promotion of academic and Research Collaboration or SPARC, aims at developing alternative technologies to produce green hydrogen in anticipation of transition to hydrogen-based economy.SPARC is an initiative of the Ministry of Human Resource Development. Around ₹66 lakh has been allocated for the project.
- "Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches Indian Red Cross Society’s ‘eBloodServices’ Mobile App (PIB)" Once the request is placed through the app, the requisite units become visible to IRCS, NHQ blood bank in its E-Raktkosh dashboard and this allows assured delivery within the specified time. This feature will make it easy for a blood seeker to obtain blood & shall bring the added advantage of complete transparency & single window access to the service.
GS3: Science & Technology
- INSPACe will be space industry regulator(TH) In space, growing private role(IE) Indian industry had a barely three per cent share in a rapidly growing global space economy which was already worth at least $360 billion. Only two per cent of this market was for rocket and satellite launch services, which require fairly large infrastructure and heavy investment.
- FATF report flags wildlife trade(TH) The report noted that in 2012, India amended the Prevention of Money Laundering Act removing a value threshold — of ₹30 lakh and above — that was earlier applicable to the wildlife trade predicates.
- Ozone pollution sees a spike(TH): report Ozone is primarily a “sunny weather problem” in India, said CSE researchers, that otherwise remains highly variable during the year. It is a highly reactive gas; even short-term exposure of an hour is dangerous for those with respiratory conditions and asthma and that’s why an eight-hour average is considered for ozone instead of the 24-hour average for other pollutants.
- Firms run into BS-VI hurdle as imports hit(Mint)-BS VI standards Imports of key spare parts from China are critical for manufacturing vehicles that can meet BS-VI emission norms, but deteriorating relations between the two neighbours have heightened uncertainty about whether they can do so. India is mulling a broad range of curbs on Chinese imports.
- 5TH Anniversary of Urban Missions(PIB) 5thAnniversary ofPradhan Mantri Awas Yojana(Urban) (PMAY-U), Smart Cities Mission (SCM) and Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)