- Beef to goonda act: Lakshadweep Administrator has UT in turmoil The draft empowers the Administrator or a competent authority to seize beef or beef products being transported. The guilty can end up with prison terms which may extend to 10 years but shall not be less than seven years and a fine which may extend to Rs 5 lakh but shall not be less than Rs 1 lakh.
- A single global tender for vaccine procurement The scramble by the States is destined to be inequitable and inefficient and portrays lack of coordination
GS2: International Relations
- A September exit, Afghanistan at the crossroads While the U.S.’s withdrawal will end its ‘forever war’, peace depends on what future steps the country’s stakeholders take
- First consignment of GI certified Shahi Lichi from Bihar exported to the UK APEDA collaborated with Department of Agriculture, Bihar along with other stakeholders such as farmers, exporters and importers for facilitating exports of Shahi Litchi. Senior officials including Dr. M Angamuthu, Chairman, APEDA, N. Saravana Kumar, Principal Secretary Agriculture, Bihar and others participated in the event for exports of Shai Litchi.
- FDI flows crossed $81 bn in FY21 / FDI equity inflows at record $60 bn in FY21 Singapore remained the top FDI source, accounting for 29 per cent of the inflows last fiscal, followed by the US (23 per cent) and Mauritius (9 per cent).