GS2: Polity and governance
- Justice N.V. Ramana set to take over as 48th CJI (TH) Andhra CM complaint against judge dismissed, says CJI Bobde.
- LS clears Bill on allied healthcare(TH) The legislation got bipartisan support across party lines in Lok Sabha: Harsh Vardhan
- Water, the looming frontier(TH) There are only two unpolluted fresh water sources left in the country, which we must conserve and use
- Some States inflated GSDP in budgets: report(TH) Some States including West Bengal and U.P. are likely to have overestimated economic performance in their revised estimates, economists at SBI said
- CCI directs probe, terms new WhatsApp policy ‘exploitative’(IE) The antitrust body has taken a prima facie view that Facebook-owned WhatsApp’s new policy is in contravention of India’s Competition Act “through its exploitative and exclusionary conduct…in the garb of policy update”. It has also asked the director general to launch an anti-trust investigation under Section 26 (1) of the Competition Act and submit a report within 60 days.
- Forcing the river(IE) . The Rs 37,600 crore scheme, that will transfer water from the Ken river to its fellow tributary of the Yamuna, the Betwa, is seen as a panacea to the water crisis in the Bundelkhand region.
GS3: Science and Tech
- ‘Double mutant’ virus variant found(TH) The government underlined, however, that the mutations have not been detected in numbers that would be “sufficient” to establish the rapid increase in cases in some states.
- “When India decides, India does”, says Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurating “World Tuberculosis Day” celebrations(PIB) “India has 30% of the world’s TB cases
- Safe City Project(PIB) ‘Police’ and ‘Public order’ are State subjects under the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India. The responsibilities to maintain law and order, protection of life and property of the citizens including crime against women are with the respective State Governments
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment Launches National Portal FOR Transgender Persons (PIB) Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment has e-launched the National Portal for Transgender persons which was attended by several members of Transgender community. A detailed presentation and a short film on the Portal was also made at the Inauguration. National Council for Transgender Persons of which Transgender persons from different parts of the country are members have also witnessed the launch. Awareness about National Portal was also done in social media as well as in different forums attended by Transgender persons and others. Ministry has also written to all States/UTs and District Magistrates/Collectors to publicize National Portal for Transgender Persons.