- The structural fragility of Union Territories (TH) Union Territories having legislatures with ultimate control vested in the central administrator are not workable
- Bail as right (TH) Laws, however stringent, cannot be allowed to trump basic rights
- "National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) & Several Digital Initiatives Launched For Transforming Urban Governance (PIB)" The National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM) will create a shared digital infrastructure for urban India, working across the three pillars of people, process, and platform to provide holistic support to cities and towns. It will institutionalise a citizen-centric and ecosystem-driven approach to urban governance and service delivery in 2022 cities by 2022, and across all cities and towns in India by 2024.
International Relations: GS2
- Explained: Sri Lanka at the UN rights council, another test for India (IE) Country-specific resolutions against Sri Lanka have regularly come up at the UNHRC in the last decade. New Delhi voted against Sri Lanka in 2012 and abstained in 2014. It was spared the dilemma in 2015, when Sri Lanka joined resolution 30/1.
- India hosts First Meeting of BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies (PIB) Social Infrastructure Financing and Use of Digital Technologies, New Development Bank (NDB) Activities, Fintech for SME and Financial Inclusion, BRICS Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA), among others,"
Economy: Infra GS3
- "International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD) Symposium on Sustainable Development of Dams & River Basins inaugurated (PIB)" International Commission on Large Dams(INCOLD) in collaboration with Central Water Commission (CWC), Dam Rehabilitation Improvement Project (DRIP) and National Hydrology Project (NHP) is organising Symposium on “Sustainable Development of Dams and River Basins” under the aegis of ICOLD at New Delhi as Hybrid event from 24th - 27th February 2021. More than 300 delegates from across the country and abroad will participate in the Symposium.
Economy: Energy GS3
- Wind power in India: Report blames COVID-19 pandemic for slowest growth in decade (DTE) The report titled India’s Top Wind Suppliers in 2020 attributed the slow growth to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic. The pandemic resulted in nation-wide lockdowns in 2020 and caused severe disruptions to the supply chain and movement of goods and people, delaying project execution, the report noted.
- PM-Kisan scheme completes two years (PIB) the Government of India has taken many initiatives for transforming agriculture. From better irrigation to more technology, more credit and markets to proper crop insurance, focus on soil health to eliminating middlemen, the efforts are all-encompassing .
- Cabinet approves PLI plan for pharmaceuticals, IT hardware (TH) The Union Cabinet on Wednesday approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for the pharmaceuticals and IT hardware sectors,