GS1: World History
- What happened to Armenians in 1915?(TH) U.S. President Joe Biden’s recognition of the mass killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks as an ‘act of genocide’ could infuriate Turkey.
GS1: Art and Culture
- PM condoles the demise of Pandit Rajan Mishra(PIB) Rajan Mishra was a famous classical singer from ''Banaras Gharana''. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in the field of art in 2007.
GS2: Polity and Governance
- A case for judicial federalism(TH) The need for a uniform judicial order across India is unwarranted in COVID-19-related cases
- The road ahead in India’s augmented vaccination drive(TH) Flattening the COVID-19 curve eventually rests on judicious vaccination deployment plans and the pace of vaccination
- Surge hits a new peak, Centre approves 551 oxygen plants(IE) India on Sunday reported 3,49,691 coronavirus infections and 2,767 deaths over the preceding 24 hours, a new record. The country’s active caseload was 26,82,751, and the national daily positivity rate stood at 20.34 per cent.
- More products services in essential list, govt to take call soon(IE) Localised lockdowns imposed by several states across India have hindered the e-commerce platforms’ ability to delivery products on time.
GS2: International Relations
- Russia to fly in aid to India(TH) However, exports of Remdesivir, which Russia had earlier offered to facilitate, have run into trouble with U.S. licensing laws invoked by Remdesivir developer Gilead Sciences.
- U.S. to allow India access to vaccine raw materials (TH) It’s pursuing options to generate oxygen on an ‘urgent basis’.
GS3: Science and Technology
- Use of liquid oxygen only for medical purpose: Centre(TH) It has asked plants to maximise their production of liquid oxygen
- What’s changed in second wave(IE) Because an asymtomatic person, who carries the virus, would have spread the infection. In India, experts say, 80-85% of the population are asymptomatic. They continue to be the largest carrier of the virus, and in a closed indoor setting, asymptomatic person will transmit the virus even when he or she is talking. Also, asymptomatic people don’t isolate themselves in a home setting.
- Steel sector companies doing their best to supplement Medical Oxygen supply in the country(PIB) Steel plant requires gaseous oxygen, primarily for steel making and for oxygen enrichment in Blast Furnaces, apart from some general purposes like lancing and gas cutting. Hence Captive Oxygen Plants in Integrated Steel Plants are designed to produce primarily gaseous products of Oxygen, Nitrogen and Argon and then routed through Pressure Reduction & Management System (PRMS) to meet the process need at desired pressure.