GS1: Art and culture
- Jnanpith presented to Malayalam ‘Mahakavi’ Akkitham(TH) Akkitham has contributed such seminal works as Pathalathinte Muzhakkam, Irupatham Noottandinte Ithihasam, and Balidarshanam .He has nearly four dozen works to his credit.
- OLD EDUCATION POLICY(IE) The Kothari Commission (1964-1966) talked of a common school system, which was hugely celebrated as an idea but never implemented. The National Policy of Education, 1986, introduced non-formal education for the disadvantaged child and was accused of promoting child labour.
GS2: International Relations
- India, Pakistan trade charges at SAARC, CICA meetingsIndia and Pakistan crossed swords over terrorism and Jammu and Kashmir at the Foreign Minister’s meetings of the 8-nation South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) and the 27-nation Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA).
- Govt. extends IBC pause by 3 months(TH) Code will not be invoked against companies that have defaulted on loans since March 25
- RBI releases document on UCBs’ cybersecurity(TH) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has come out with a document to enhance cybersecurity of urban co-operative banks (UCBs).
- Centre used funds for GST elsewhere:CAG(IE) However, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India has found that the government itself violated the law by retaining Rs 47,272 crore of GST compensation cess in the CFI during 2017-18 and 2018-19, and used the money for other purposes, which “led to overstatement of revenue receipts and understatement of fiscal deficit for the year”.
GS3: Agriculture related issues
- What Is the basis of MSP?(IE) The Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Bill does not give any statutory backing to MSP. Forget making it a legal right, there isn’t even a mention of either “MSP” or “procurement” in the Bill passed by both Houses of Parliament last week.
- Foundation day of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY). It was the same day when the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) revamped it’s existing skill development program called Aajeevika Skills as Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) which emphasized on greater access, coverage and quality.
- eSanjeevani eSanjeevani platform has enabled two types of telemedicine services viz. Doctor-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani) and Patient-to-Doctor (eSanjeevani OPD) Tele-consultations. The former is being implemented through Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre (AB-HWC).
- National Biopharma Mission The Mission is supporting small and medium enterprises for biopharmaceutical product development, enhancing industry academia interlinkages and providing opportunities to translate knowledge into products/technologies for vaccines, biotherapeutics, devices and diagnostics.