GS1: Modern History
- Explained: 90 years on, remembering Peshawar’s Qissa Khwani Bazaar massacre The Khudai Khidmatgar was a non-violent movement against British occupation of the Indian subcontinent led by Abdul Ghaffar Khan, a Pashtun freedom fighter, in the North-West Frontier Province.
- No 100% quota(TH) Supreme Court is right in considering cent per cent reservation as anathema to the constitutional scheme of equality even if it is for the laudable objective of providing representation to historically deprived sections.
- Uddhav’s nomination to Council: Issues in Constitution A fortnight on, Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari is yet to act on the Cabinet’s recommendation — even as the Chief Minister’s current term in office approaches its end. A constitutional crisis looms.
- To become self-reliant and self-sufficient is the biggest lesson learnt from Corona pandemic: PM(PIB) The e-GramSwaraj helps prepare and execute Gram Panchayat Development Plans. The portal will ensure real time monitoring and accountability. The portal is a major step towards digitization down to the Gram Panchayat level.
- "Minister for Rural Development, Panchayati Raj and Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar holds Video Conference with State Rural Development Ministers(PIB)" He emphasised that under MGNREGS, the focus should be on water conservation, water recharge and irrigation work in convergence with the Schemes of Ministry of Jal Shakti and Department of Land resources.
- FFC: Focus on design, not stimulus size(Mint) The FFC advisory council felt that the magnitude of the impact of the ongoing lockdown on public finances is uncertain, but will certainly be significant
- Explained: To print more money, or not to With the economy stalled, there isn’t enough money in the market for the government to borrow. Can it ask the RBI to print more money? How does this process work, and what are the arguments against it?
- IIT researchers develop tool to predict spread of COVID-19(TH) Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi have developed a web-based dashboard for predicting the spread of COVID-19 in India.
- In a groundbreaking achievement, IIT Delhi develops low cost Probe-free Covid 19 detection assay(PIB)" The Minister appreciated the efforts of IIT Delhi in developing a testing kit at a very low cost for the people of India. The kit will not only empower healthcare services but also support the government in the time of crisis.
- Coronavirus | MGR Medical University develops ‘vaccine candidate’(TH) It has identified a synthetic polypeptide which can bind the viral genome