GS1: Indian History
- Govt. website changes content on Mughals A paragraph describing the Mughal Empire as one of the greatest ever was removed from a government website, KnowIndia.gov.in, after some Twitter users flagged it to the Union Culture Ministry on Monday
GS2: India and neighbourhood- Relations
- Staying invested India must retain its traditional and historic interest in Afghanistan and its people
- A pragmatic Afghan behind the religious garb? All eyes will be on the Taliban’s character as and when they consolidate their power in a transformed Afghanistan
GS2: Scheme for vulnerable sections
- Finding a healthy way to cook As questions arise over the Ujjwala scheme’s success, it would be prudent to introduce alternative clean sources of energy
GS3: Indian Economy, Mobilisation of resources, Inclusive Growth
- FM unveils ₹6 lakh-cr. asset monetisation plans Projects have been identified across sectors, with roads, railways and power being the top segments.
- The Indian economy is struggling to recover Given the pace of vaccination and the virus mutations, it may take a while for the economy to bounce back
- Vedanta makes gas discovery in Gujarat Vedanta on Monday said it had made a natural gas discovery in a block in Gujarat that it had won in the open acreage licensing policy (OALP) round.
GS3: Disaster and disaster management
- Tauktae, Yaas and planning for the next With a rise in the frequency of devastating cyclones, India needs to look at long-term mitigation measures
GS2: Govt policies for development of a sector
- Jewellers’ token strike partially successful New rules around hallmarking have upset the jewellery industry as it faces teething issues in the implementation of the new norms.
GS3: Defence Technology
- Russian stealth frigates to come in 2023 Delivery of two Krivak class vessels delayed by COVID
GS3: Environmental Conservation
- Plea against construction in Corbett Tiger Reserve. Petition wants a stop to alleged illegal construction of bridges and walls within tiger breeding habitat
GS2: Pressure Groups and Formal/Informal Associations and their Role in the Polity.
- Why the citizens’ assembly is an idea whose time has come Building a middle layer of institutions for democratic deliberations amongst citizens has become essential for democratic governance.
GS2: Parliament and State Legislatures—Structure, Functioning, Conduct of Business, Powers & Privileges and Issues Arising out of these.
- What Indian lawmaking needs: More scrutiny, less speed All bills should go through pre-legislative scrutiny to iron out issues and build broad consensus before being brought to Parliament.
GS2: India and Neighbourhood-Relations
- It is Pakistan’s moment of triumph in Afghanistan, but India must bet on patience C Raja Mohan writes: Strategic patience coupled with political empathy for Afghan people, and an active engagement will continue to keep Delhi relevant in Kabul's internal and external evolution.
GS3: Indian Economy
- UCBs: RBI panel for four-tier structure The committee, headed by former RBI Deputy Governor NS Vishwanathan, has proposed setting up an umbrella organisation to oversee co-operative banks and suggested that they should be allowed to open more branches if they meet all regulatory requirements.
GS3: Environmental Pollution
- Explained: Delhi new smog tower the technology, the evidence, the impact Polluted air is sucked in at a height of 24 m, and filtered air is released at the bottom of the tower, at a height of about 10 m from the ground. When the fans at the bottom of the tower operate, the negative pressure created sucks in air from the top. The ‘macro’ layer in the filter traps particles of 10 microns and larger, while the ‘micro’ layer filters smaller particles of around 0.3 microns.