- High demand for oxygen trains(TH) Suneet Sharma noted that two such trains were deployed to Maharashtra (from Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh) and to Uttar Pradesh (from Bokaro, Jharkhand)
- Arise and rejuvenate the third layer of governance(TH) Political acts depriving people of their rights must stop and there needs to be a movement to strengthen Panchayati raj
- Emergency use nod for Virafin(TH) Company claims the treatment reduces the hours of supplemental oxygen in the patients
- India to commemorate the 12th National Panchayati Raj Day virtually on 24th April, 2021(PIB) 24th April, 1993 marks a defining moment in the history of decentralization of power to the grassroots, with the institutionalization of Panchayati Raj, through the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 which came into force with effect from that day. Ministry of Panchayati Raj commemorates 24th April of every year as the National Panchayati Raj Day (राष्ट्रीय पंचायती राज दिवस) (NPRD), as the 73rd Constitutional Amendment came into force on this date. This occasion provides an opportunity for direct dialogue with Panchayat representatives from all over the country as well as recognizing their achievements to empower and motivate them further.
GS3: Disaster Management
- Centre allots 5 kg of grains free to poor(TH) The Union government announced that 5 kg of food grains would be provided to 80 crore beneficiaries under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) for the months of May and June as many States were undergoing curfews and the high rates of coronavirus infections had led to a slowdown in economic activity.
- RBI extends States’ Ways and Means credit to Sept.(TH) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) decided to continue with the existing interim Ways and Means Advances (WMA) scheme limit of ₹51,560 crore for all States/ UTs shall for six months i.e., up to September 30, given the prevalence of COVID-19.