- The opacity around electoral bonds ()TH If big money entirely funds elections in a secretive way, democracy as we know it will not exist
- 15th Finance Commission seeks say in GST Council amid Centre-states row (Mint) Fifteenth Finance Commission (FFC) chairman N.K. Singh on Friday sought a leverage with the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council, arguing that tax rate cuts and grant of exemptions decided solely by the council affects the FFC’s goal of optimizing revenue targets of the Centre and states.
- Policy to hasten piped gas infra on the cards (TH) A national policy on City Gas Distribution (CGD) to speed up development of infrastructure for supply of piped natural gas to households as well as CNG
- SPG Act to be Amended to Exclude Families of Ex-Prime Ministers According to official sources, the amendments approved by the Union Cabinet exclude family members of former Prime Ministers from SPG protection.
GS2: International Relations
- Is it time for a stronger India-Brazil relationship? (ORF) Considering the rise of right-wing leadership in Brazil and “nationalist” Modi’s tightening grip on India’s foreign policy has led some to speculate that the time for a robust India-Brazil partnership might have arrived.
GS2: Social issues
- 74% of India’s teenagers physically inactive: WHO (ToI) Eight out of every 10 teenagers in the world are not as physically active as the World Health Organisation (WHO) wants them to be.