- PM pays tributes to Martyrs on Shaheedi Diwas(PIB) The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru on the occasion of the Shaheedi Diwas today.
- Amid protests, LS passes GNCTD amendment Bill(TH) The Lok Sabha on Monday passed a Bill that defines that the word “government” in Delhi means the Lieutenant-Governor (L-G) and makes it mandatory for the elected government in the national capital territory to take the opinion of the L-G before any executive action.
- Increase interval between two doses of Covishield, says Centre (TH) In a press release, the Health Ministry said that in view of the emerging scientific evidence, the interval between two doses of a specific COVID-19 vaccine i.e. Covishield, has been revisited by National Technical Advisory Group on Immunization (NTAGI) and subsequently by National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19 (NEGVAC) in its 20th meeting.
GS2: International Relations
- Free and open(TH) Austin’s visit is significant for bilateral ties, and cooperation on Indo-Pacific and Afghanistan
- Gandhi Peace Prize for Mujib and Sultan QaboosLate Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al Said of Oman was awarded the prestigious prize for the year 2019 in recognition of his vision to strengthen relations with India, and his efforts to promote peace and non-violence in the Gulf region, the ministry said.
- Centre readies draft plan for district-wise export promotion (TH) The government has readied a draft district-wise export promotion plan for 451 districts in the country after identifying products and services with export potential in 725 districts, Commerce Secretary Anoop Wadhawan said on Monday.
- ‘Sops under RODTEP to see delay’(TH) The notification of benefit rates payable to exporters under the Remission of Duties and Taxes on Export Products (RODTEP) scheme, is expected to take more time as it is facing ‘teething issues’.
- U.P., M.P. sign agreement on Ken-Betwa interlinking work(TH) The governments of Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh have signed an agreement that nudges forward a long stalled multi-crore, controversial project to link the Ken and Betwa rivers and irrigate the water deficient Bundelkhand region (spread over both States) as well as provide electricity.
- Jal Shakti Abhiyan-II(PIB) Ministry of Jal Shakti is taking up nationwide campaign “Jal Shakti Abhiyan - Catch the Rain” focusing on saving and conserving rainwater with the theme “Catch the rain, where it falls, when it falls” from 22 March 2021 to 30 November 2021, in the pre-monsoon and monsoon periods of 2021, covering both urban and rural areas of all the districts in the country.