- The politics of an aerial snare (Prelims- International Civil Aviation Authority) Why the investigation into the forced landing of a Ryanair aircraft in Belarus could be long-drawn-out
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
- A welcome spike (Vaccination) The threat of a third wave and new variants make speedy, complete inoculation a priority
- Delta plus is a variant of concern: govt. The Health Ministry revises threat perception of the strain AY.1 after initial definition.
GS3: Environmental Conservation
- 8 rare pygmy hogs released in Manas National Park (Prelims) This is the second batch of captive-bred animals to be released in a year
GS2: Functioning of judiciary
- How judges recuse e from cases and why When there is a conflict of interest, a judge can withdraw from hearing a case to prevent creating a perception that she carried a bias while deciding the case.
GS2: Issues related with federalism
- Meeting with PM: Why this thumbs up in Kashmir has many fingers crossed as well More than a "change of heart," the refrain in Srinagar is that New Delhi’s move is shaped by political imperatives – from international to regional. (Kashmir Issue)
GS3: Transport & Marketing of Agricultural Produce & Issues & Related Constraints
- International Tea Day auction sets price record More than 93% of the total teas on offer got sold to buyers from Assam, Delhi, Gujarat, Rajasthan and West Bengal
GS3: Major Crops Cropping Patterns in Various Parts of the Country
- World’s first GM rubber sapling planted in Assam Rubber Research Institute of India had developed the plant tailored for the climatic conditions in the Northeast.
GS2: India and neighbourhood-relations
- Why does China consistently beat India on soft power? Kanti Bajpai writes: Classical India may stand alongside classical China in the regard it garners, but contemporary India has been left behind. Until we recognise that, we can’t do much about it.
GS2: Welfare Schemes for vulnerable sections of society
- Compensation for Covid deaths: petition in Supreme Court, and what the law says The Centre had submitted by affidavit on Saturday that state governments cannot afford to pay this, and had argued in favour of a broader approach including health interventions.
GS3: Changes in industrial policy and its effects
- Draft rules for e-commerce and its impact The government has proposed changes to the e-commerce rules under the Consumer Protection Act. What changes for online shoppers and for companies? How is it similar to the rules for social media companies?
- Toycathon-2021 Toycathon 2021 was jointly launched by the Ministry of Education, WCD Ministry, MSME Ministry, DPIIT, Textile Ministry, I&B Ministry and AICTE on 5th January 2021 to crowd-source innovative toys and games ideas.