- Explained: When Parliament passed Bills but govt did not give effect to those laws (IE) Over the years, Parliament has repealed several laws — and there have also been precedents of the government not bringing a law into force for several years after it has been passed.
"Society: Population and associated issue": GS1
- A new framework around caste and the census (TH) There needs to be closer engagement between all stakeholders of the Census and the Socio-Economic and Caste Census
- "RBI moots scale based tighter regulatory framework for NBFCs (TH) The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has suggested a tougher regulatory framework for the non-banking finance companies' (NBFC) sector to prevent recurrence of any systemic risk to the country's financial system. ... The next layer may consist of NBFCs identified as 'systemically significant
Science & Technology: GS3
- India proposes to expand research, tourism in the Arctic (TH) New draft policy also focuses on oil and gas exploration in the region
- India’s global position rises both in innovations & publications (PIB) While the country has already attained the third position in terms of publications, it now features among the top 50 innovative economies globally as per the Global Innovation Index (GII), placing it ahead of many developed and developing countries.
- "Ministry of Tribal Affairs Virtually Launches “Shramshakti” Digital Data Solution for Migrant Workers