- LS passes J&K Oﬃcial Languages Bill(TH) It seeks to include Kashmiri, Dogri and Hindi as official languages in the newly created U.T.
- Onion,potato,cereals of essential commodities list, amendment Bill passed(IE) The Bill replaces an ordinance promulgated in June and amends the Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
- Lok Sabha passes 3 Historic and path breaking Labour Codes 29 labour laws are being subsumed in the simplified, easy to understand transparent 4 labour codes. Out of the 4 labour codes, Code on Wages has already been passed by Parliament and have become the law of the land.
- Panic,overuse:Centre Pinpoint Oxygen Issues(IE) According to the clinical management protocol, the moment a patient reaches a saturation level of 95, they should be taken off oxygen. It doesn’t make a difference if the patient’s saturation level is the range of 95-99.
- WHAT LABOUR NEEDS(IE) However, doing away with standing orders for firms with less than 300 workers, which will essentially cover most firms, is tantamount to watering down the basic rights of workers in most organisations, affecting their bargaining power.
- Monitoring net neutrality:Trai Suggest Multi-stakeholder body to assist TelecomDep(IE) The MSB should be a forum which would contain representatives and stakeholders from all telecom and internet service providers, content providers, researchers from the academic and technical community, as well as the government, Trai suggested.
GS2: International Relations
- A new world order(TH) The permanent members of the UNSC must support the reform process of the UN
- Without comprehensive reforms, UN faces crisis of confidence: PM Modi Speaking in a video address to the high-level meeting of the UN General Assembly to begin the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, Modi said, “We cannot fight today’s challenges with outdated structures. Without comprehensive reforms, the UN faces a crisis of confidence.”
GS3: Agriculture related issues
- The farmer—a field report(IE) At the time of Independence, about 70% of India’s workforce (a little less than 100 million) was employed in the agriculture sector. Even at that time, agriculture and allied activities accounted for around 54% of India’s national income. Over the years, agriculture’s contribution to national output declined sharply. As of 2019-20, it was less than 17% (in gross value added terms).
- NIA empowered to probe drug related oﬀ(TH) With this, the agency need not rely on local police or other agencies to unravel drug trade ties.
GS3: Science and Tech
- Successful Flight Test of ABHYAS Designed and developed by the Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) of DRDO, Abhyas is capable of fully-autonomous flight and runs on a gas turbine engine. Its inertial navigation system is based on micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) and it uses a flight control computer for guidance and control, the DRDO said.
- Government Schemes/programmes for welfare and development of minorities PadhoPardesh - Scheme of interest subsidy to students of economically weaker sections of minority communities on educational loans for overseas higher studies.
- Indian Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) to promote private investment and innovation in the space sector IN-SPACe is the Institutional and Regulatory mechanism established by Government to facilitate greater private participation. Financial provisions are not covered under this mechanism.
- ULBS to Qualify for Finance Commission Grants From 2021-22 Onwards Additionally, Ministry of Finance, as part of the additional borrowing of 2% of GSDP to States for 2020-21 under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, has linked 0.25% of the additional borrowings to the following reforms in property tax and user charges for water, sewerage and drainage