- "Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (I/C) ShriPrahlad Singh Patelvirtually launches “Life in Miniature” project(PIB)" The Minister said that from today, several hundred miniature paintings from the National Museum, New Delhi can be viewed online on Google Arts & Culture by people around the world in a new project titled “Life in Miniature.” The project uses technologies like machine learning, augmented reality and digitization with high-definition robotic cameras, to showcase these special works of art in a magical new way.
- Maharashtra withdraws ‘general consent’ to CBI: what this means, which cases it will impact(IE) The Central Bureau of Investigation can no longer probe cases in Maharashtra without the consent of the state government. What does this mean for the TRP manipulation and Sushant Singh Rajput cases?
GS2: International Relations
- Drive a harder bargain at the Delhi meet(TH) At the 2+2 Ministerial forum, India must ensure that its gamble with Trump’s regime so close to the U.S. election pays off
- At 75, the UN needs a rebirth(TH) October 24 marks the diamond jubilee of the United Nations. But far from joyous celebration, it is an occasion to sombrely reflect.
- "CPI-IW base year revised to 2016(TH); Sh. Santosh Gangwar releases revised Consumer Price Index forIndustrial Workers (CPI-IW) based on new series 2016=100 from the existing 2001=100(PIB)" The Report on “New Series of Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (Base 2016=100)” is an important publication meant to give insights into the concepts, definitions and methodology related to the new series of CPI-IW with 2016 as base year. This will serve as a useful reference book for researchers, academicians, scholars and all other stakeholders of CPI-IW.
GS3: Science & Technology
- Explained: What is the new organ scientists have discovered in the throat?(IE) Researchers have proposed the name “tubarial glands” for their discovery. Even so, it is not clear yet if these glands will be classified as a conglomerate of minor glands, as a major gland, a separate organ or a new part of an organ system.
- To boost shipbuilding in India, Ministry of Shipping amends Right of First Refusal (ROFR) licensing conditions(PIB) To promote the demand of the ships built in India, priority in chartering of vessels is given to vessels built in India, flagged in India and owned by Indians under the amendments in the guidelines of ROFR(Right of First Refusal).