GS2: Salient features of the Representation of Peoples Act
- Delimitation in J&K: how, why For Assembly elections to be held in the new UT, delimitation of seats will be necessary. With the Centre having called for a meeting, a look at how delimitation is carried out, and the status of the exercise in Jammu and Kashmir.
GS2: Policies of developed nations and their impact on India
- Raisi for nuclear talks, rules out Biden meet Ebrahim Raisi also described himself as a ‘defender of human rights’
GS2: Issues Relating to Development and Management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health
- India’s vaccine policy needs clarity In seeking to pursue conflicting objectives, the policy architecture is complex and difficult to implement
- Simplify COVID-19 death certification process: SC ‘What is the remedy in the case of those given certificates showing some other reason as cause of death’
- A case to decriminalise suicide It is time for India to repeal Section 309 of the Indian Penal Code or strike it down.
GS2: Federalism related issues
- Towards a more federal structure If States directly collect more tax, they will become less dependent on the Central government
GS3: Change in industrial policy and its effects
- Centre moots ban on ‘flash sales’ on e-com sites We’re receiving complaints against widespread cheating and unfair trade practices, says Ministry
GS3: Public Distribution System - Objectives, Functioning, Limitations, Revamping
- ‘Use electronic machines to weigh rations’ The Centre wants States to start linking the electronic Point of Sale devices (ePoS) used at ration shops to electronic weighing machines to promote transparency
GS3: Science and Technology
- Explained: In bats in Mahabaleshwar cave, antibodies against Nipah virus Till date, India has experienced four episodes of NiV outbreaks with CFR ranging from 65% to 100%. The first evidence of NiV infection was reported in Siliguri district, West Bengal in 2001, followed by Nadia district in West Bengal in 2007.
GS2: Govt. policies and intervention for development in a sector
- Explained: What govt proposes to change in film certification The Centre has released the draft Cinematograph (Amendment) Bill 2021. What does it propose to change, and why is it significant?
GS3: Changes in industrial policy and its effects
- Proposed Amendments to the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 Prevalence of such unfortunate incidents has negatively impacted the consumer and business sentiment in the market, causing immense distress and anguish to many. It was observed that there was an evident lack of regulatory oversight in e-commerce which required some urgent action