- Privacy and surveillance (TH) Data localisation is not the only approach towards protecting data privacy
- A case to dispose of mercy petitions swiftly (TH) The prolonged detention of death row convicts in prison is inhuman and against the canons of justice
- Kerala Assembly rejects motion to remove Speaker (TH) The Assembly on Thursday rejected a motion, after nearly four hours of heated debate, moved by the Opposition seeking the removal of Speaker.
- Explained: The role and responsibilities of Kamala Harris, the new US Vice President (IE) According to a report in The New York Times, while Harris has not been assigned a specific portfolio as of now, she will serve as a governing partner to Biden on his top priorities.
International Relations: GS2
- India's Vaccine Diplomacy In South Asia Pushes Back Against China (NDTV) Free shipments of AstraZeneca's vaccine manufactured by the Serum Institute of India, the world's biggest producer of vaccines, have begun arriving in the Maldives, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Nepal.
- "TRAI releases ""Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator Report"" for the Quarter ending July - September 2020 (PIB)" Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), a statutory authority under Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, has released today the "Indian Telecom Services Performance Indicator Report" for the Quarter ending 30th September, 2020.
- Indian research can help cut nitrogen fertiliser waste (DTE) A group of Indian scientists have found a way to improve crops by reducing wastage of nitrogen fertilisers applied to them. They were able to identify phenotypes, or visibly identifiable features that determine the efficiency with which cultivated rice varieties (cultivars) use nitrogen.
Science & Technology: GS3
- "AstroSat’s Ultraviolet Imaging Telescope spots rare ultraviolet-bright stars in a massive intriguing cosmic dinosaur in the Milky Way (PIB)" Astronomers exploring the massive intriguing globular cluster in our Galaxy called NGC 2808 that is said to have at least five generations of stars have spotted rare hot UV-bright stars in it. These stars whose inner core is almost exposed, making them very hot, exist in the late stages of evolution of a Sun-like star. It is not clear how these stars end their lives as not many of them are detected in these fast-evolving phases, making their study crucial.