- "Government decides to constitute a High Level Committee headed by Union Home Minister to commemorate the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose (PIB)" In 2015, Government of India decided to declassify the files relating to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and make them accessible to public. The first lot of 33 files were declassified on 4 December 2015. Digital copies of 100 files relating to Netaji were released by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 23rd January 2016 to meet the long-standing demand of the people.
- Explained: What is Winter Solstice, which made December 21 the shortest day of the year (IE) Winter Solstice: In the Southern Hemisphere, today is Summer Solstice — in places like Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, December 21 is the year’s longest day.
- Humans are still core to Digital India (TH) Intermediaries who deliver last mile governance establish trust between governments and citizens
GS2: International Relations
- India - Vietnam Joint Vision for Peace, Prosperity and People (PIB) Noting the importance of ASEAN-India cooperation in sustaining peace, security and prosperity in the region, the leaders welcome the opportunities to foster practical cooperation between ASEAN and India in the key areas and in line with the objectives and principles as stated in the ASEAN Outlook on Indo-Pacific (AOIP) and India’s Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative (IPOI) to further promote partnership in the Indo-Pacific region, including their shared focus on ASEAN-centrality.
- Year End Review 2020- (Department of Consumer Affairs) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution (PIB) The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which has replaced the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 were notified in July, 2020. The relevant Rules and Regulations, including the E-Commerce Rules, which specify the duties and obligations of sellers and e-commerce entities were also notified.
- Carbon capture technology not on track to reduce CO2 emissions (DTE) CCS technology aims to capture 400 million tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year by 2025, but that is unlikely to be met, according to International Energy Agency report
- Explained: What is the ‘Christmas Star’ conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter and how can you see it? (IE) Winter Solstice Jupiter-Saturn great conjunction: On Winter Solstice, the two planets will come close to the extent that they will be separated by just one-tenth of a degree in a phenomenon called the Christmas Star.